Saturday, September 18, 2010

Refreshing

Arrived in London on Thursday at 11:15am. Tobi picked me up from the airport and all I told her was “just don’t let me fall asleep until after 9pm” and, she didn’t! What a beautifully refreshing time with Tobi. We walked, took the tube, rode on buses…and all the while were able to talk and spend time catching up…being refreshed by the Spirit in each other.

Romans 1:11-12 says: “For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established
that is, that I may be encouraged together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.”  As we spent time doing so many amazing  things, i truly felt this mutual encouragement in our time together.

Here are a few pictures of our time:

DSC00902 Lunch!

My new best friend…DSC00908

DSC00922

He wanted to be my new best friend, too, but I told him that was already a taken position.

DSC00955

Mom, I waited and waited for the Pope, but he apparently had other (more important?!?) things to be doing than waving at a bunch of crazies on the streets. I might have intentionally walked behind some news anchors videoing the ordeal though…didja see me on tv?? =)

DSC00948

All this hullabaloo (thats my new word) for the Pope.

DSC00974

OK!! I now officially understand why the Lord had me in cars with people who generally brake a LOT later than I do. Driving on a two decker bus, there were times when the car in front of us COMPLETELY disappeared and we still hadn’t completely stopped yet. I’m glad that (you know who you are) helped prepare me for that!!

 DSC00961

My lovely and rather smashing personal London tour guide. I wanted to pay her, she was so good! (Yes, Tobi, I’m tooting your horn for you…).

***this update brought to you by a late train to Edinburgh that has free wi-fi. What else do you do when the DRIVER of the train is running late and you have to wait for him? I offered to take over but for some reason that didn’t fly well with anyone else…?"***

No comments: