Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Purposeful

What if we lived our lives with a purpose? One single purpose:

“He has shown you, Oh man, what is good and what does the Lord require of you? But to do justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly in His ways.” Micah 6:8

“And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart…” Mark 12:30

When you wake up in the morning, what are you purposing to do?

When you are driving to work, what purpose do you have in your car?

When you are talking with friends, eating lunch, going to church, taking a walk…to what purpose?

The greek word purpose that we see in this verse as well as a variation of it in this verse is defined as

1) to place before, to set forth

a) to set forth to be looked at, expose to view

b) to expose to public view

2) to set before one's self, propose to one's self

a) to purpose, determine

In all you do, in all you say today, what are you setting forth to be looked at? What are you exposing to view publicly in your actions?

Do your actions scream “I am a child of the living God”? Or do they say “me, me, me”?

Do you live your life with His purpose, setting the Lord before yourself or somewhere between you and your other priorities?

What if we chose to live that purposeful life? What if we saw our actions, thoughts, relationships, even jobs as a way to set the LORD forth to be looked at? What if we used every opportunity to expose HIM into full public view? How would that look in your life?

I know for me, this means being less neutral in my actions and more purposeful in what I am choosing to spend my time doing.

And again I ask, how would that look in your life? I would love to know how to pray for you.

No comments: