Monday, November 7, 2011

Thanksgiving Day outreach–beanie update

I emailed this out to some friends about a week ago and decided to share it on my blog as well.

Hi Friends,

Some of you may have already heard about a ministry opportunity the Lord has put on my heart. For those of you who haven't...the summation of the idea is that I am planning a trip to San Francisco on Thanksgiving Day to hand out beanies and Gospels of John to homeless people (you can read details about it here). A few months back I put a call out to see if anyone would want to come alongside this endeavor and help make beanies. The Lord has gifted us with all kinds of abilities and for those of us who can crochet and knit, this was a beautiful opportunity. I've definitely had a response and, although I don't know how many beanies I have yet, I know the Lord has multiplied what I could have made...and then some!

Well, with Thanksgiving just around the corner (just weeks away), I wanted to ask each of you to pray about whether or not the Lord would want you to be a part of the actual outreach. The more i've prayed about it, the more i realize that this can't be something I do on my own. There are many reasons I feel very strongly about this: 1. I am a single girl and it would be foolish of me to put myself in such a vulnerable position by going alone. 2. In Luke 10, when the Lord sent out his disciples into His harvest, they didn't go alone.  3. I don't want to rob anyone of the blessing of serving the Lord simply by not asking.

If it is His plan to have this outreach happen on Thanksgiving, I trust that He will also provide the right people to join together for His glory. If He has other plans for these beanies, I trust He will show me that plan in His timing. Regardless, I will rejoice in Him and in His perfect plan for my life and for those He already knows will be getting these gifts.

If the Lord is leading you to be a part of this trip, i'd love to hear from you (erikamarie82@gmail.com). This email is only to a few people, but I know the list of willing servants is exhaustive! If you know of anyone who would like to be a part of this trip (or would like to be a prayer partner for this trip) please send on this email or refer them to me.

I thank you all in advance...first, for reading my email! and, second, for prayers regarding this ministry opportunity!

Then He said to them, "The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. - Luke 10:2 NKJV

No comments: