Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2014, Hello 2015


As many of you already know, the Christmas and wintry season is my favorite time of year. There's something in the scent of cinnamon, cranberry, and pine that brings about nostalgia. Much of that nostalgia turns into an chance for me to look back and see the great milestones, peaks, and valleys that have made up the year in review.

After Christmas, New Years comes and as I think over the year, I am reminded of all the Lord has done in my life and in the lives of those around me. I can look back and praise the Lord for all that He has done.

If you have a moment, this Rend Collective song's lyrics seems like the perfect way to wrap up my year (and hopefully yours as well) in praise to the One who guided and directed us along the way. (Here is a link to the lyrics as well).



So really, I just want to extend my gratitude to each of you. Since I can't be around all of you as often as I'd like, I want to thank you for the extra bits of communication I get from you through out the year: I love getting emails and letters from you guys giving me updates on your lives.

When I see you pop up on Facebook or in iMessage (even with just a quick "thinking of you" or "praying for you"), it reminds me that this ministry the Lord has called me to isn't just mine. You are all an integral part of it. You hold me up in prayer to the Lord as I raise my hands and let Him guide and use me along the way.

For this, and so much more, I am so grateful to the family and fellowship the Lord has brought into my life in 2014...and for what He has in store for 2015. So with that, I say

Hello, 2015. It's nice to see you.

No comments: