Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lord, show me...(pt 2)

...how to love mercy

He has shown you,
O man,
what is good;
And what does the LORD require of you
but to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?

To love mercy? Lord, you require this of me? You require that I love mercy? LOVE it? As in, can't stop thinking about it, acting in it's best interest, putting it before other things and people in my life? As in unconditionally, patiently, kindly, without regard to what it may look like to others? You want me to love it?

How?

"He has shown you..."

You did? Like when you called us to turn the other cheek? Like when you allowed Saul (Paul) to be saved? Like that time that you gave your life for us, hung there on the cross, and allowed yourself to be humiliated and tortured...to spend eternity with me? WITH ME? Are you sure you have the right girl?

I don't think I can do this, Lord. You want me to love mercy? Do justly? Walk humbly?

Lord, show me...

No comments: