Friday, August 13, 2010

A point to ponder…

…when desiring to serve the Lord, the greatest action we can take is to stand…

~> He will fight our battles for us – lay your weapons down and trust His strength.

~> He will keep watch over us – lay your head down and rest.

~> He will take care of all our hopes, needs, cares – lay down your fears, wishes, and wants and let Him speak His will into your heart.

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1-2

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:11-13

“Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you unless you believed in vain.” 1 Corinthians 15:1-2

“Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.” 1 Corinthians 16:13

Father God, thank you for your care for me. I release to You my desires, my hurt, my worry, my wonder, even my happiness. Thank you for clothing me for the battle and then asking me to simply stand as you fight for me. You will never leave me, nor forsake me. You will always be with me and I know that I can trust in that. Thank you, Lord, for your sacrifice on the cross that paid the debt for my sin. Thank you, Lord, for showing me what true unconditional love is by your death and resurrection on the cross. My life is yours: lead me down the roads you wish, take me through the peaks and valleys, guide me down every path as your vision is infinitely better than mine. I love you, Jesus, AMEN

No comments: