Thursday, November 15, 2012

Scotland Missions: Update 11/15/12

It has been a while since I first shared that I was going to Scotland and, even though many of you have asked questions and received answers, I’m sure there are many who aren’t in my day-to-day life who also are wondering how things are going. I’d like to take some time to answer those questions now. (If you still have questions after reading these answers, feel free to leave them in the comments and I will write a follow-up blog!)

1: So, why Scotland? Yes, Scotland. If you haven’t read my testimony, start here, then read the subsequent blog posts for the rest of the story. Scotland has been my heart-country for over 10 years. What is a heart-country? It’s a country/place/group of people that lives in your heart for no obviously apparent reason. It is a dream that sits, grows, and becomes a part of you. It is a cry that cannot be quenched but for the Holy Spirit and His peace. So, yes, Scotland. (And, yes, I made up the term heart-country but I know some of you can relate!) Also, please take the time to watch this video,it is quite an accurate portrayal of why the Lord has called me to Scotland.

2. When are you leaving and how long will you be there? I am set to leave in the middle of March, 2013 (for those of you calculating, that’s exactly 4 months from today). I am going to apply for a religious workers visa, which means that I will be able to be there for 1-2 years (please pray I am accepted for two years), then I will have to come back and renew my visa. I plan on living there indefinitely; that is, until the Lord tells me to go somewhere else.

3. Where exactly are you going? I will be going to a town called Motherwell and serving with the church family there at Calvary Motherwell. Motherwell is approximately 15 miles Southeast of Glasgow. If you have no clue as to where Glasgow is, I can help: it’s in Scotland. =D (no but really, check out the Motherwell link above, it’s a map).

4. What are you going to be doing while you are over there? Great question! The best, most accurate answer I can give you is: intern. This translates into: wherever a door is open and the Lord takes me. I have a huge heart for the youth. I enjoy planning fellowship events that bring the body closer together. I love children and their innocent joy. I love doing street ministry, even when it is hard and terrifying. I find joy in filling papers and organizational administrative duties. So…truly, I will be blessed to fill in whatever gap there is, regardless of the title.

5. How can I be involved? So many ways. I am such a people person. Please, interact with me. Ask me questions. Hard questions. Spend time with me before I leave. Send me an email. Pray for me. Pray for Scotland. Pray that the Lord would be glorified in every step I take from here to March 2013, and beyond.

You are all such a huge part of this step in my life. Thank you for wanting to be involved. Thank you for reading this and caring for me. Thank you for being a part of my life, testimony, and adventure.

If you want to be on my email updates, please email me at erikamarie82@gmail.com. I am also currently organizing a care team: a group of people who will commit to pray for me, encourage me, help with logistics stay in contact with me, and support me. If you want to know more about how to be a part of my care team (or what a care team is), let me know in your email as well and I will get that information to you.

No comments: