Monday, April 29, 2013

Scotland Update 2


Hi everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. I would love to hear about what each of you have been up to.

Also, if you would like to Skype or FaceTime with me sometime in the near future, please let me know! I would love to chat and see some smiling faces!

Personal Update
Since emailing you all last time, I have settled into my house wonderfully and have been super blessed with people giving me necessary items for my home (dishes, cutlery, baking/cooking utensils). The Lord has truly provided...even down to blankets, rugs, towels, and a coffee machine! I also got an AMAZING care package (thank you, Chris and Laura!) with American measuring cups in it, among other things,...I can't wait to start having fun in the kitchen. =) If any of you are interested in seeing a short video clip of my house, email me back and I would be happy to send it on to you.

Routine
I know this may sound like a shock to some of you (note: sarcasm) but, I love having a routine. =) I enjoy getting up in the morning and taking the same route to the church because I get to make friends along the way. I love knowing that the Lord could have ministry for me even in my hurried pace on my way to-and-from home. I love that the cross-walk attendant (across from the local primary school, whom people here call "the lollipop ladies") likes to comment with me about the weather each day.

To put it simply, I am loving giving every day the the Lord and seeing what He will do with it. Because, when I have a routine, I notice immediately when the Lord places something different in the midst of it and am immediately attuned to the change and asking the Lord what He would have me do in each of those situations.

Church
On Friday, we (church staff, some servants, and the missionaries) head out to a conference inBradford, England. It is an annual leaders conference that the church here goes to and I am excited to be able to attend this year (as a side note, for you BritLit junkies...the Bronte Sisters' House/Museum is just 1/2 hour from where we will be heading).

Praises and Prayers
-Praise the Lord for my home! Pray that it would be used as a vessel of ministry and outreach. Pray that the Lord would cover it in His love and protection.
-Pray for the conference: that it would be a time of fellowship and refreshment. Pray for both Pastor David and His wife, Cathy, as they are both scheduled to speak at different times in the conference. Pray the Lord would prepare their hearts.
-Praise the Lord for His provision with my household needs.
-Pray for the many daily ministry opportunities the Lord may put in my path.

I am so grateful for each and every one of you. Please let me know if there is anything I can be praying for you about. --

Joyfully,
Erika Bennett

Donate or become a monthly supporter: Shepherds Staff, Account 1061
Email: erikamarie82@gmail.com
Blog: erikamarie82.blogspot.com

No comments: