Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Quick Snippet

I would just like to take this time to remind myself that I am not the one in control.

Earlier today, I had a conversation with a most beautiful and precious friend of mine…who seemed to have it in her mind that I actually enjoy bouncing from here and there…always changing and always looking for something “new” to do, be, try…etc.

I had to quickly squelch that assumption because, you see, I don’t. You may look at my life and see a rapidity of change and a hectic and rather dizzying amount of movement within the confines of my life and think that I am perfectly content in this.

And, while I am content, I was not always the most willing of followers on this path.

As I attempted to explain to her that, no, this is not “just who I am” and, yes, I would rather settle down and enjoy a slower paced life…the only conclusion I came to was that the “dream” I wanted is simply not what the Lord has for me right now.

You see, for the past 10 years, I have bounced around to and from many adventures that have led me to: Mexico, Cape Cod, Bakersfield, Africa, Romania, Texas, Morro Bay, and…Disneyland (ok, I know that last one doesn’t count…but…if you know me at all…you know I had to put it). I have held well over a dozen jobs, lived in well over a dozen houses, lived with (or tortured, depending on who you talk to…) well over a dozen roomates…

Each adventure has had its necessary impressions on my heart and life in order to get me here.

today.

now.

And, as I sat and soberly realized that I would, in fact, rather be settled into one place and know where I am going to be 5, 10, and 20 years from now…I excitedly smile because, guess what?

I am not the one writing this book.

He is. The Author and Finisher of our faith. The One who searches our heart and desires to bring us beauty for ashes…every good and perfect gift…a hope and a future.

I pray that if you are questioning God’s timing in your life or His will verses your desires that you will find comfort in knowing that we serve a God who is almighty and all encompassing…let Him comfort you and whisper His love to you tonight.

No comments: