Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lord, reign and rain down!

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,"
says the LORD.

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
For as the rain comes down,
and the snow from heaven,
And do not return there,
But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud,
That it may give seed to the sower
and bread to the eater,
so shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
For you shall go out with joy,
And be led out with peace;
The mountains and the hills Shall break forth
into singing before you,
And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands."
Isaiah 55:8-12

I am brought back to this verse each time it begins to rain again. It brings me such joy in the midst of a gloomy day. We may not understand the rainy seasons of our lives, but see what it brings forth! Bud and seed and bread! Beauty and a living and food!


Lord, let us see light in darkness.
Let us live bright in the dim times.
Let us rejoice when others tell us to mourn.
Let us look to you and regard you as higher than
our thoughts, our ways, our very understanding.
Amen.

Im on my way to enjoy a weekend with some sweet friends. If you read this...pray the Lord's guidance on our weekend. Pray He meets us all right where we need to be met. Pray for healing and laughter and tears and joy. Pray as the Lord leads....

love to you all on this beautiful rainy weekend,
erika

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i LOVE that you are blogging again:)