Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hold my hand, Lord, and guide me.

There are times when it is unnecessary to tell others my own thoughts. It is a sweet thing to see the Word come to life in a way that needs to other explanation. No other definition. No other translation except that which the Holy Spirit has already given.

Does He not see my ways, And count all my steps? (Job 31:4) For His eyes [are] on the ways of man, And He sees all his steps. (Job 34:21) Blessed [is] the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; (Psa 1:1) You will show me the path of life; In Your presence [is] fullness of joy; At Your right hand [are] pleasures forevermore. (Psa 16:11) Uphold my steps in Your paths, [That] my footsteps may not slip. (Psa 17:5) You enlarged my path under me, So my feet did not slip. (Psa 18:36) Teach me Your way, O LORD, And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.(Psa 27:11) The steps of a [good] man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way. (Psa 37:23) You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me [to] glory. (Psa 73:24) Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, For I delight in it. (Psa 119:35) Your word [is] a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. (Psa 119:105) Direct my steps by Your word, And let no iniquity have dominion over me. (Psa 119:133) You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. (Psa 139:3) When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, Then You knew my path. In the way in which I walk They have secretly set a snare for me. (Psa 142:3) Then you will understand righteousness and justice, Equity [and] every good path. (Pro 2:9) When you walk, your steps will not be hindered, And when you run, you will not stumble. (Pro 4:12) But the path of the just [is] like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day. (Pro 4:18) Ponder the path of your feet, And let all your ways be established. (Pro 4:26) The simple believes every word, But the prudent considers well his steps. (Pro 14:15) A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps. (Pro 16:9) A man's steps [are] of the LORD; How then can a man understand his own way? (Pro 20:24) Hear, my son, and be wise; And guide your heart in the way. (Pro 23:19) They shall neither hunger nor thirst, Neither heat nor sun shall strike them; For He who has mercy on them will lead them, Even by the springs of water He will guide them. (Isa 49:10) The LORD will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail. (Isa 58:11) O LORD, I know the way of man [is] not in himself; [It is] not in man who walks to direct his own steps. (Jer 10:23) For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps: (1Pe 2:21) To give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, To guide our feet into the way of peace." (Luk 1:79) However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own [authority], but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. (Jhn 16:13) **emphasis my own, all verses quoted from NKJV**

No comments: