Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Incomparable.

It is a feeling so deeply set into my heart that, if I tried to rip it out, it would take some of me with it.

It is a love so strangely connected with my subconscious that I don’t know if I could think clearly without it affecting me.

It is a lifestyle so incomparable to any other way of living that, if I tried to live without it, I wouldn’t be able to make one foot go in front of the other.

It is a desire so embedded into my prayers that it drives me to act, live, think, and move without any additional thought.

It is a conviction so strongly felt I can’t help but share it with those around me.

It is my relationship with Jesus Christ, Lord of all heaven and earth, Savior of sinners, Healer of souls, Forgiver of sins, Lover of even the worst of us. And it is His free gift of salvation “that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Romans 10:9-10

This relationship with Christ is the impetus that drives me to do the thing that I do. It is the force that beckons me to be completely submitted to His loving care. It is standard of life that I choose to live by…simply because I have experienced His grace, through faith, and I know that I am saved from a life of slavery to the sin that I do not want to do.

Oh, how great a God we serve!

Scotland 929 020

Scotland 929 076

Scotland 929 125

Scotland 929 078

 

Scotland 929 099

Scotland 929 021

 

Scotland 929 087

Scotland 929 147

Scotland 929 137

He has done, is doing, and will do great things in this country. My time is slowing (and oh-so-rapidly!) coming to an end. I am so humbled that the Lord would use me here…so blessed that the Lord would reveal Himself to me here…so in awe at the Lord’s heart for the people here.

I’m in love with the city of Glasgow and I don’t care who knows it.*

(*I would like to state that this love comes only and purely through the LOVE I was given by a Savior who embodies love…I love Him because He first loved me and I have love for this city because of His love for me.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i LOVE this post! Oh your heart and your pictures make me so happy!