Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bring forth and bud!

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.” Isaiah 55:8-11

I am always reminded of this verse when the rain comes down so hard it drowns out any other sounds around me. Or, also, in those times that you take one miniscule step outside and you are dripping wet for the rest of the day.

It’s during those times that I can smile knowing that God is at work, causing the soil to be nourished and the trees and flowers and grains to sprout that they can flourish, bud, and provide food for us.

And, because God loves us, we can look at this verse and be made aware of how, in times of storms that come flooding our lives on occasion, we can smile knowing that God is at work in us…causing us to take root and our soil to be nourished with Him and allowing us to sprout in due time that we may flourish, bud, and serve those around us.

No comments: