Monday, November 29, 2010

Tangled

Yes, this post will involve a shout out to a (very well made and funny) Disney movie: Tangled. Because, you see, I saw it this weekend.

Twice. (it was good, kay?)

But something kept me smiling that really had nothing to do with the movie. Because, you see, as I sat there watching the two characters fall in love in the course of 1.5 hours and actually realize that they were, in fact “MFEO” (made for each other) while singing a song that they both happen to know (and be totally perfect for the moment) together (yes, much of that sencence was sarcasm…), I sat and listened to the lyrics of said “love song”:

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you

And it truly actually broke my heart…because, what was wanting to burst out of me was this:

And at last I see the Light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the Light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see You

I smiled because all I kept hearing in my head was me singing this…to the One who has wooed me and rejoiced over me and called me His beloved. And it truly broke my heart to think that this song was written by someone who saw that the truest form of love was between a man and a woman. And it was being heard by many people who would hear that and wish that they, too, would be able to feel that same feeling towards another and have a “magical” moment much like dear Rapunzel and Flinn.

And my heart soared because I knew that I had already experienced that love. My eyes shone when I heard those lyrics because I knew exactly what she was singing about.

And my heart hurt for those who have never been told of the Father’s love for us. And my countenance fell when I thought of those who felt alone or unable to feel that love because they hadn’t found “the one." And my eyes drooped when I knew that I was not exempt from sharing that Love with others.

“For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved." How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!" Romans 10:13-15

If you have never heard it before, Jesus loves you. He loves you more that the movies can portray and will love you beyond this life. We, having sinned in these lives of ours, were separated from Him, who is Light, because darkness cannot commune with light. But He made a way for us to once again be brought to Him. He came down to this world and lived a sinless life. He died a sinners death. He rose again and conquered death on the third day, therefore taking our place and giving us a way to be at peace with Him.

The bible says that we are to confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord and believe in our hearts that He was raised from the dead and we will be saved (Romans 10:9-10). Confess to the Lord that you are a sinner, ask Him to be your Lord and Savior. Accept His free gift and sing along to Him as you recognize that He is the truest Light you will ever see…

And at last I see the Light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the Light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see You

No comments: