Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The fruit of the Spirit.

It is not contrived and it is not forced. It comes from abiding. From dwelling and waiting. A tree doesn’t fall asleep one night and the next morning there is a fresh, new, and ready to eat apple hanging on its branches.

Fruit takes time to be nurtured, to grow, to survive storms and heat. Fruit eventually reaches that moment of fruition where it is in full bloom and ready to be shared.

And that comes from abiding.

Dwelling.

Being.

Today in church, we were in Galatians 5 and the Lord was pounding home the emphasis that I am to abide in Him and He will take care of the rest.

In the middle of that, I looked down at my bracelet. On it is a little birdie sitting on a branch and underneath it says “…dwell”. I bought it and had it made as a reminder for me to “dwell in His land and feed on His faithfulness” as Psalm 37:3-7 speaks of.

And again, I was reminded of how not only does the Lord ask us to sit, wait, dwell…BE with Him, He also reminds us of it when we forget.

So, for today, I will dwell.

No comments: